Monday, December 12, 2011

Respect for Parents

Our parents bring us up when we are not even aware that we exist.  We need to be fed, cleaned, coddled, put to sleep and every thing else.  We owe our existence first to Allah and then to our parents.


Allah says, "We have enjoined upon man to treat his parents with kindness.  With much trouble did his mother bore him, and with much pain did she give him birth.  His bearing and his weaning took thirty months.  When he reaches the age of full strength and becomes forth year old he says, " My Rabb! Grant me the the grace that I may thank You for the favors you have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do good deeds that may please You, and grant me good children.  Surely I turn to You in repentance and surely and I am one of the Muslims."  Such are the people from whom We accept the best of their deeds and overlook their misdeeds.  They shall be among the residents of paradise; true is the promise that has been made to them in this life."           Qu'ran 46: 15

2 comments:

  1. yes many people nowadays i have noticed don't care much for their parents, but i know how hard they work each minute to keep us (their children) happy and this shouldn't be taken for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respect for parents is something that is important in our religion, but some people don't give it much importance. Respecting parents is also pleasing to Allah and makes your parents happy too as they do a lot for us but sometimes we don't realize it .

    ReplyDelete